Monday, November 25, 2013

Boston, Baby!

Jen & Diana meet the editors of Stenhouse!
Photo courtesy of blog.stenhouse.com
Hey NCTE Boston -- thanks for a great three days of learning and connecting, and for giving me and my #1 writing partner an excuse to hole up in a hotel room and write a chapter together.  Chapter 11 on "Becoming a Connected Educator" has its roots in Boston (and the cross-country flights that got us there), and speaks to the power of the links we create within our networks.  And what a network NCTE has been!  Jen and I met at a conference in Orlando in 2010, presented together in 2012, and are now co-signing the same contract for a book that started in conversations at NCTE in 2012.  Now there's the power of network.  It seems only fitting that we met our awesome editor, Holly, and got to attend the Stenhouse Authors Reception at NCTE 2013.  Feels very "full circle."  So, it's official.  We are signed and under contract.  I'm feeling very fortunate that they chose to take a leap of faith with us, and I know that my teaching, and how I'm thinking about teaching, will grow tremendously because of this process.

No comments:

Post a Comment